Sunday, March 20, 2016

LOSE ANGELES PHOTO DIARY + RECAP



I visited Los Angeles for the first time a week ago and it did not disappoint.  Although the trip was a quick three-and-a-half days, I jam-packed a bunch in and saw quite a bit.   

I'd love to share a major photo overload with you, if you'd like to see...



JACKET - OLD (SIMILAR)  |   WHITE TEE  |  BRALETTE  |  LEGGINGS  |  SCARF (SIMILAR)  |  CARRY-ON BAG (SIMILAR)




What a trip!

I flew down to LA on Wednesday morning and arrived in the late afternoon.  Ashley picked me up at the airport and off we went to the JW Marriott in downtown LA.  Marco was there for work, and flew down the day before, hence why I was alone.

Ash and I had dinner and drinks at the WP24 in the hotel, and chatted for hours.  We've been blogger friends for 6+ years and this was our first time meeting--it was so, so awesome.  After several glasses of wine and laughs, she was on her way back home and I headed to meet up with Marco and his coworkers before heading off to bed.

On Thursday morning, we got up and had breakfast at the hotel before I headed off to Redondo Beach, to meet up with my blogger friend Jamie.  We grabbed açai bowls and got completely caught up on each other's lives, as the last time we'd seen each other was four years ago.  She took me to Manhattan Beach and we grabbed iced coffees and sat on the pier.

A couple hours later, she took me back to the train station and I headed back to DTLA and did a little shopping at the Zara flagship store before heading back to the hotel.  We had planned to go to the Lakers game but ended up seeing a comedy show instead, which was great.

On Friday morning, we rented a car and checked out of our hotel.  We headed off to Universal Studios which was so fun.  We did a bunch of rides but soon it started to pour rain, and it was freezing, so we left early.  I ended up getting motion sick from the rides, so we checked into our next hotel, The Palomar in Westwood, and took it easy for a couple hours.

That evening, we headed to the Clippers vs. Knicks game at the Staples centre, which was really fun, and grabbed the best sushi of my life at Katsuya, afterwards.

On Saturday morning, we drove out to Malibu and had lunch on the Pier at Malibu Farm.  The views were amazing, the food was okay (it looked pretty!) and it was a nice experience taking it all in.  Then we drove back down the Pacific Coast Highway, past Santa Monica beach and decided to do some window shopping on Rodeo Drive.

Later that afternoon we grabbed açai bowls and relaxed before meeting up with Marco's cousin for a crab feast downtown.


Thanks so much reading, and if you'd like, you can see more photos on my Instagram.  xo



A few more details:
* The peep-toe booties are Aldo but no longer available (similar options)
* My green ripped pants are H&M
* Bloody Marys are nowhere near as good as Ceasars  #goCanada
* Those are cold oats I made in the hotel room (rolled oats + almond milk, refrigerate = boom, healthy breakfast)
* I cut the knees out of the white skinnies myself
* I vlogged with this camera
* My sunglasses are Aldo and from last year
* My off-the-shoulder sweater is old & by Free People (similar here).


Related posts:

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig