Tuesday, February 7, 2017

VALENTINE'S DAY OUTFIT WITH A TWIST | FLARED PANTS & MOTO JACKET WITH ADDED FUR COLLAR


O U T F I T  D E T A I L S  :  SUEDE JACKET -- COMES IN FIVE COLOURS (MORE HERE)  |  FUR COLLAR -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |   SWEATER -- UNDER $25 (SIMILAR, ANOTHER CUTE BLUSH OPTION)  |  LAYERED NECKLACE -- UNDER $11!  |  H&M FLARES -- OLD (SIMILAR, DESIGNER UNDER $100, LOVE THIS SPLURGE)  |  GIVENCHY ANTIGONA BAG

Hi ladies!  Today I'm sharing another untraditional Valentine's Day look (or Galentine's Day, if you're planning to celebrate with girlfriends).  I'm definitely a pants girl and since we're in full on winter over here, baring my legs isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

I have always loved flared pants, and have several pairs in my wardrobe--some newer and some from over the years.  I usually opt for skinny jeans, but there is something about a flared pant that is so effortlessly chic.  I went with a plunging neckline sweater and kept the colours feminine but had to throw in the edgy jacket.  I love the unexpected colour pairing of the blush and plum.  

Also, this would pair just fine underneath your coat, then you can choose to keep the jacket on or off depending on the temperature, if you're headed out to a restaurant or romantic evening.


SHOP THE POST








This fur stole / collar is something I've had in my closet for years and never worn.  At the time of purchase, I found it in a discount bin, along with a brown one, and figured I should snag it for down the road.  Well, the time has finally come to put it use!  Mine actually had a long satin ribbon sewn on each end, so you could tie it, but I didn't love that so I cut it off.

I love how the fur adds some drama to the jacket and dresses it up, without being over the top.  The collar stayed put while walking around, but if I was going to be doing much more movement, I would either safety pin it down or use a double sided tape.  


MORE FAUX FUR COLLARS (UNDER $20!)





Photography by Lisa Provençal.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig